3.05.2008
Do as I say not as I Do
Working as a waitress, yes I am still serving even though I am done with school. I just really love the people I work with and believe it or not I actually enjoy serving...Anyways while serving I hear and see some pretty strange things. Not that I intentionally eavesdrop, but sometimes you can't help what you overhear, even if you want to! Here's the highlight of tonight... I was serving a family with three kids and their parents. When I approached the table the kids all asked me for coke. The Mom immediately scolded them explaining that they need to drink water since coke is really bad for them. After a detailed description of the evils found in soda pop the kids agreed that they would stick with water. The Mom then turned to me and said "I'd like a diet coke!" I couldn't believe how hypocritical she was! I guess she is a firm believer of the "Do what I say not what I do" parenting approach. I could see the look of frustration on her kids faces but none of them spoke up. I just nodded my head and went to get her "evil" drink, which by the way I refilled about 5 or 6 times...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is hilarious! I never quite can figure out moms like that! like the ones getting mad at their kids eating sugar cereal, but they are the ones buying it! no wonder why kids are so confused!
Haha That is such a good reminder! Your blog is so cute!! Love the pics!
That is hillarious! The sad thing is that I know I will do that with my kids! But dont worry...I will eat the treats secretly so they dont hate me! Its actually Matt that I have to hide from now because he is on this huge "sugar is bad for your teeth" kick. I guess that is just what comes with being a dentist!!
Post a Comment