2.13.2009

Arizona Girls Weekend

Last weekend I went with my Mom and Monica to Arizona to visit my oldest sister Alli. Every year there is a huge Gem show there so we have made it a tradition to go. The show is amazing!!! It is where we buy the majority of our stuff for our jewelery. We got some really fun stuff this year I can't wait to get to work beading! The weekend was extra special because it was my Mom's birthday. It is the first time she had not been with my Dad on her Birthday for 35 years so we had to make it extra special. We had a great time at the bead show, fabulous shopping, talking, and many delicious meals. I even got to go help with my niece Ashlyn's volleyball practice, it was so fun seeing her play and meeting her team. I was flattered that they asked me to come teach them.

heading into the first tent of the day at the bead show. There are over 40 tents! We spent the whole day there and only made it through 2!

One of our favorite booths...African Gems

Our goodies, I am so excited about the stuff we got!

For my Moms Birthday dinner we went to an amazing pizza place called Oregano's. They have the worlds best salads and the pizza is yummy too.

The birthday girl

Our last day there Dan and Alli took us to this cute little place called Joe's Farm grill. It is a little diner attached to a farm. The food is mostly organic and they grow all their own veggies so it is really fresh. I loved it. Out back they have this really cool tree I have never seen one like it. It literally is growing horizontal.




I know this is a horrible picture of me, I was trying to be funny not ugly :) This sign is no joke! They really do have to watch out for scorpions, yikes!!!Thanks Elggrens for letting us crash your place and thanks Mom and Dad for the fun little getaway. Until next year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so so so fun! I love girls weekends with mom and the sisters! By the way your new dark hair looks great! Good winter look I like it!

KACI JOHNSON said...

what a fun girls weekend in AZ! My family loves AZ and we are going in amonth and i can't wait. Oregano;s is the best pizza place i;ve been too. Have u ever tried thier dessert? It is delicious! Have u ever heard of "Last Chance"? It's a mix between a nordstrom rack and a DI. If u haven't been there next time you should check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...