We were so glad we were able to head up to Bear Lake for part of Memorial Day weekend. It's the big opening weekend for Dave's family's cabin. We did a lot of work (ok, by we I mean pretty much everyone but me. I was on kid duty) but we played a lot too. I always forget how beautiful it is there and it was great spending time with all the Larsons. Dave's Mom was nice enough to rent us a condo since there were a lot of people sleeping at the cabin. So we didn't have to worry about getting our girls to sleep with everyone else around (thanks Ann) I am so glad Dave has a little time off so we were able to get up there because who knows if we will be able to get up there ever once he starts intern year.
the cabin Dave's Grandparent's built in 1960. I had to post a pic of it because we are putting new siding on this year and I wanted to document it in it's original state.
I think Adam and Graham had a little too much fun with the chainsaw :)
Driving the Hot Wheels was probably her favorite thing. She was great at pushing the gas but not so great at steering so we took turns helping her drive around the property.
not even looking forward, great driving form ha ha
view from the cabin balcony
headed out on the cabin boat's maiden voyage of the year
The weekend through the eyes of my Iphone (for all those picture worthy moments that seem to happen the minute I put the camera away) ....
![]() |
![]() |
helping with cabin repairs
while Hailey and Dave canoed Nora and I watched from the shade of the porch swing.
no trip to Bear Lake is complete without a trip to La Beau's
look who's standing (holding onto things at least) She is growing up way too fast
Dave got some surgeon practice helping take out a pretty deep sliver Hailey got in her hand. She was a champ and just watched him intently as he did it.
we weren't even 10 minutes away from the cabin before we looked back and saw this. Nora was asleep too. We wore them out!















3 comments:
Oh i love bear lake! The pics of her driving the hot wheels are too funny!! Did you guys really get in the water...isn't it still freezing cold???
Hailey got her feet in and a few brave souls went tubing but I didn't, I am a wimp ;)
How funny, I just posted about going to Bear Lake for memorial day weekend, too. Too bad we didn't run into each other! And somehow your vacation looks a lot sunnier and warmer than ours...we must have picked the wrong side of the lake to stay on. :) glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment