Ok so as promised here is the story how little miss Hailey came into the world... I was induced Saturday morning around 7:30 a.m. they broke my water about an hour later and I started serious labor shortly after. Me being stubborn like I am decided to hold off on the epidural for a while. Don't ask me why. I guess its the competitive athlete in me to not give in to pain too quickly. By the time the contractions got really bad and I decided to ask for the epidural the anesthesiologist was busy so I had to wait 45 minutes, probably the longest 45 minutes in my life. Dave was a champ and talked me through it though. I was so excited when the anesthesiologist walked in but the epidural did not quite go as planned. The first time they did it they hit a vein which means when they put in the test meds they all rushed straight to my head giving me what they call a spinal nerve headache. It pretty much felt like my head was going to explode, my heart rate sky rocketed and I started throwing up. It was by far the scariest and most painful moment of my life! They hurried and put me on oxygen then they had to start all over with the epidural. Fortunately it worked the second time around but I had a serious migraine for a couple more hours. After all that mess the actual delivery part was a piece of cake even with her being such a big baby! After only about 45 minutes of pushing out came our little Hailey girl. All 9 lbs 12 oz of her!!! I seriously had to do a double take when they put her on the scale. We knew she was going to be big because of the diabetes and family genetics but I don't think anyone guessed that big. Holding her for the first time was by far the greatest moment of my life with my amazing hubby by my side. We are so thrilled to have her in our little family!
one last belly pic right before they induced me
right after delivery. First time our eyes met, I fell in love instantly of course!
Big girl!

Proud daddy helping with her first bath



taking the worlds best Sunday nap with my girl
Sadly Hailey has some jaundice so she spends most of her time in her "tanning bed" We have one at home for the next few days. It's kinda the pits cause she loves being cuddled but she has to be in there most of the day. Hopefully not too much longer!
Taking her home!!!... we were so excited to be able to take her home. Don't get me wrong the hospital was nice but we much rather be home with just our little family and not have nurses bugging us every ten minutes!
her going home outfit. I am glad it fit! I was afraid it would be too small




love the yawning face!
Well there's a start. You will all have to get used to seeing pictures of her cause lets be honest that's probably all I will post for awhile

Taking her home!!!... we were so excited to be able to take her home. Don't get me wrong the hospital was nice but we much rather be home with just our little family and not have nurses bugging us every ten minutes!
Well there's a start. You will all have to get used to seeing pictures of her cause lets be honest that's probably all I will post for awhile
16 comments:
Wow! What a doll! She's beautiful!!! Congrats!
Thanks for sharing your labor story! I love to hear how it goes for everyone. You look amazing and Baby Hailey is sooo beautiful! Her hair is already fantastic, which I'm sure you love.
Okay, tips on Jaundice: all three of my boys have had it. We had the bed at home and everything. Do you have to put the mask on her? Oh, it is so hard to do; I totally understand! I know they have you going in for heel pricks, make sure that heel is so warm, it will make the blood come so much more easily. Next, do not make them tell you to go in every day. Wait a few days, keep her on the bed as much as possible, and then take her for the heel prick. It will save her little heels and you time in having to go back so much. Hopefully by the time you read this she is already off the bed, but if not, take heart. My first was on the bed for 2 weeks, my 2nd and 3rd were there for 1 week. All because we avoided the pricks and just kept the bed for a bit. Have fun with her. _Dave and Mindy's friend, Diedre
OH, Dave and Mindy's Sister-in-law (and friend too). :) Also as a side note, ask your doctor if you are Coombs (sp?) positive. That means that pretty much all of your babies will have Jaundice. LIke I said all three of mine have had the bed at home. But isn't the "Blue Glow" so much fun? :) It sure does make for a good visit when everyone comes to see the baby. "Oh, sure come and see her. Yeah, she is on the bed...." Everyone is pretty surprised to see the baby with a mask and blue lights all aglow.
Congrats! I've enjoyed reading your blog. I was in chio with you but younger and found the chio blog. Glad to hear everything went well, minus the epidural. She's a cutie! We had a 9lb 5oz baby and couldn't believe it so that was shocking to me too! Good luck! Enjoy! Our blog is private but if you want to see email me beckydupaix@hotmail.com
Nats, I am loving all these pictures! What a gorgeous baby and I can't get over all her dark hair. What do you think....Will it stay dark like Dave's or go blonde like yours? I am so glad you did well, even with a whopping headache. You rock! Give Hailey a big hug for me❤
I'm glad everything went smoothly (minus the spinal headache..ouch!!) Hailey is just way too cute to be a newborn. My favorite picture was of Dave helping with the bath. He has the brand new Dad wanting to be extra careful, but pretty nervous look on his face. Love It!! I hope everything is going well at home and Hailey is letting you get a little sleep. Keep the pictures coming.
She's so beautiful! I can't get enough of those cute thighs. I'm so glad everything went well and you're all home.
Congratulations! She's SO gorgeous! It's amazing how small they are ... even at almost 10 lbs. It's crazy for that first baby because you just have no idea what to expect of the whole labor and delivery ... but I'm glad you made it through!
She is adorable! I can't believe how big she is! I thought my Taija was big at 8 lbs 14 oz, but little Hailey far outdid her! So cute!
Congrats you guys! She is beautiful!
What a beautiful baby girl! :) I love all her hair! She is so sweet. That is a pretty crazy labor story! Brooklyn had jaundice when we first brought her home and they gave us a bili blanket which was a plastic board thing that lit up and we would put it right up her onesie so we could still cuddle her. Did they ever mention you being able to use something like that? Just curious. Good luck with everything! You will be an amazing mother! You and Dave sure make cute babies!!! :)
Congratulations on your beautiful little Hailey. As our oldest child is also named Hailey, I think you picked a great name. Congratulations also to Grandma Ann. It's about time she got to buy cute little girl clothes! We'll look forward to seeing Hailey at Bear Lake!
So really is a beautiful baby! I can't wait to meet her. Epidurals can be yucky...but really are they the BEST!! Hope your feeling well. I promise six weeks out it is like a bright ray of light comes and life becomes some what normal!!
I just can't believe you didn't have a C-section with a baby that big. There's NO WAY I could have delivered a baby that size. And even more amazing is that she doesn't have a deformed head (like all of my kids did) but is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!
Perfect in every way!!! I am so glad she is here, healthy, beautiful and with a full head of hair! Lucky little girl to have two amazing parents. Soak up every minute because they grow so fast. Everyone says it but you blink and they are 2 and your expecting your next. Seriously.... CONGRATS!!!!
Post a Comment